Douds: 50th Anniversary Open House


The Douds Historical Preservation Association, Inc. of Douds, Iowa will be hosting a 50th anniversary open house celebration at all four of their historic museums on Sunday, July 21, 2024 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM.

Each location will be awarding a $50 cash prize for those registering in at each location with a possibility of winning $200 when visiting and registering in at all four sites that day.

Refreshments, including pie and ice cream, will be served at Yates Park next to the Douds Depot Museum during the open house hours. Only the Depot and Valley School locations will have modern restrooms available.

The association was founded and incorporated on July 22, 1974 and presently owns and maintains four historic properties in four locations that include the 1907 Douds Depot in Douds, 1928 Valley No.3 Country School in Leando, 1872 Oak Grove No. 8 Country School in Lick Creek Twp. at 15818 Iowa Oak Grove Ave, Douds. and the 1892 Mt. Moriah M.E. Church 2 miles north of Douds at 14889 120 th St., Douds.

The historic 1895 Oak Grove Church, adjacent to the Oak Grove School, owned by the Oak Grove Church, Inc. will also be open that day.

This is a rare opportunity to see all of these restored historic properties in one afternoon. One you won’t want to miss! There is no admission charge.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments