Ottumwa Hotel Shut Down After Weekend Fire, No Injuries Reported

0
1014

A local hotel was shut down due to a fire that occurred over the weekend, according to the city of Ottumwa.

On Saturday at 5:30 AM, the Ottumwa Fire Department was called to Quality Inn Joseph Street. After arriving, firefighters observed a fire in a guest room. A window to the room was broken and the fire was extinguished. After checking, the department confirmed there was no one in the room.

Firefighters made their way into the hotel and discovered heavy smoke in the hallway. Crews conducted a room-to-room search and evacuated the section of the hotel affected by the fire. No injuries were reported.

The fire department deployed measures to reduce the smoke. The health department was contacted.

The hotel was notified that it would have to shut down until the necessary cleaning and repairs could be made. The city says there are currently attempts being made to contact the hotel’s owner.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments