McGough Construction recently began work on the renovation and expansion of the Indian Hills Performing Arts Center at Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, Iowa. The $6 million project will become the welcome center for prospective and new students on the growing campus.
The centerpiece of the new building will be the two-story atrium, which will become the campus welcome center. Other updates and features include:
- Studio classroom for acting and film classes with state-of-the-art sound and projection technology
- New dressing rooms and makeup room for productions
- New home for the Arts and Sciences office, where students and the public can get assistance with everything from classes to tickets for the next show in St. John Auditorium
- Choir/band room with custom instrument storage spaces
- New area for scene construction
“We are excited to work with McGough to bring the vision of the Indian Hills Performing Arts Center to life. the new and renovated facilities will provide our students with an outstanding learning environment that enhances their educational experience at the College. We look forward to opening the doors of the Performing Arts Center to students during the fall of 2024.” Dr. Matt Thompson, President of Indian Hills Community College