Ottumwa, Iowa – Monday, February 19th is the state and federal holiday to commemorate George Washington’s birthday. A number of City of Ottumwa offices and services are affected by the holiday.
* Offices at Ottumwa’s City Hall and the Ottumwa Public Works Central Garage will be closed Monday, February 19th.
* The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed on Monday the 19th.
*The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed on Monday, February 19th.
* Both the Ottumwa/Wapello Landfill and the Recycling Center will be closed Monday, February 19th.
* City residential trash and recycling normally collected on Monday, February 19th will be picked up Tuesday the 20th. Bulky items normally collected on Tuesdays will be picked up on Thursday, February 22nd. There are no changes to County customer collection dates. Bridge City Sanitation offices will be closed for the holiday.
* The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed Monday, February 19th.
* Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices at 230 Turner Drive will be closed on Monday, February 19th.
* The Beach Ottumwa will be open 5:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. for lap swim and regular evening programs on Monday, February 19th.