Pella Regional Health Center recently replaced its hospital inpatient beds with the advanced ProCuity® model by Stryker. These state-of-the-art beds are completely wireless and feature a low-height position for fall prevention, providing increased comfort and safety for both patients and caregivers.
“Maintaining the highest standards of patient safety and care is the focus of everything we do,” said Karla Berg, Director of Med/Surg, ICU, Cardiac Services, and Spiritual Services at Pella Regional. “These new beds will provide comfort and support patients’ needs during their stay, improve patient outcomes, reduce falls and assists our staff.”
Each bed is wireless so they connect to the nurse call system and provides a dashboard of all bed data, including bed configuration and exit alarm activity to the nurse’s station. Three-position side rails allow for easier patient entry and exit as well as nurse-patient interaction.
ProCuity’s unique bed alarm uses advanced technology that senses a patient’s weight and will alert nurses if a patient is out of position or has left the bed. With ProCuity’s iBed® Watch system, all operational aspects of the bed, from side rail positioning, head of bed angle and height, are monitored to ensure that it is always in a safe position for the patient. All of these features add up to helping the patient care team save improve workflow while reducing the patients’ risk of falls.
Other features include:
- Fully wireless technology with intuitive touchscreens for easy operation.
- Ultra-low height adjustability and ergonomically designed side rails for safer patient positioning, fall prevention and to promote early mobility.
- Convenient USB port and phone holder for patient use.
- Integrated bed-extender to accommodate taller patients.
- Isolibrium® powered support surface for pressure injury prevention and pulmonary therapy.
- Electric braking system with hand-adjusted speed control that enables caregivers to move patients more easily and with less pressure on their back.