Most City of Ottumwa offices will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 29, with a number of changes in regular services.
* City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day.
* The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed Monday, May 29.
* Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices will be closed Monday, May 29.
* The Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, May 29. Both facilities will be open regular hours, 7 AM to Noon on Saturday, the 27.
* City residential trash collection routes normally collected Monday will be postponed until Tuesday, May 30 due to the holiday.
* South side yard waste and bulky item pick-up day (normally Tuesdays) will be moved to Thursday, June 1st. North and South side yard waste and bulks will both be on Thursday the week of the holiday only. If residents need bulk pick up for bulky item pick up the week of Memorial Day, they need to call Bridge City Sanitation at 641-682-1700 before 3 PM Wednesday, May 31 for pick up on the 1st.
* The Ottumwa, Calvary, and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed through the weekend and on Monday, May 29. A ‘visitors center/help desk’ tent will be open as follows: Saturday 8 AM -4 PM
Sunday & Monday 10 AM – 2 PM
* The Beach Ottumwa will be open for the Memorial Day weekend – Saturday, Sunday, and Memorial Day Monday, Noon to 8 PM each day, weather permitting. Park hours are subject to change due to weather. The outdoor water park will not open if the forecast high is below 70 degrees.