The Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office says a suspect accused of assaulting a deputy has been apprehended and faces numerous charges.
The search for David Boley came to an end at 3:50 PM on Tuesday, May 17 after authorities executed a search warrant at the residence of Christina Boley, David’s wife, in Centerville which resulted in the couple’s arrest.
The sheriff’s office says David Boley had multiple active warrants and faces several additional charges including:
- Two counts of drug distribution to a person under the age of 18, a Class B felony
- Two counts of assault causing bodily injury or mental illness, a serious misdemeanor
- Second-degree sexual abuse, a Class B felony
- Incest, a Class D felony
- Child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor
- Assault causing serious injury, a Class D felony
- Disarming a peace officer of a dangerous weapon, a Class D felony
- First-degree theft, a Class C felony
- Second-degree burglary, a Class C felony
- Third-degree burglary, a Class D felony
- Possession of methamphetamine – second offense, an aggravated misdemeanor
The search for David Boley began on Saturday, May 14 after authorities say Boley assaulted Deputy Gary Buckallew near Moravia. Buckallew had to be hospitalized after suffering multiple facial fractures.
The sheriff’s office says Boley committed burglary by kicking in a door at a residence on the 17000 block of Highway J18 on Sunday, May 15. The homeowner confronted Boley with a firearm and Boley fled by foot.
Christina Boley was also charged on Tuesday with aiding an abetting third-degree burglary, a Class D felony, and child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor.