The pairings for the annual Southeast Iowa Superconference Boys Basketball Shootout have provided an extra treat for the players and fans of both Van Buren and Pekin. Both teams will play their Shootout games Friday night at Southeastern Community College, with Van Buren taking on Iowa Mennonite at 6:00 and Pekin going up against Danville at 7:30. Pekin won the SEISC-North outright this season, and while Van Buren and Danville finished tied atop the SEISC-South standings, the Warriors won both of the head-to-head meetings between the schools.
Also, the Cardinal boys team will host Louisa-Muscatine in their Shootout game Friday night.
The SEI Super Conference Boys Basketball “Shootout” games will pair the first place team in the North Division against the first place team in the South Division. Also, the second place teams in each division through the tenth place teams will play each other. All games are to be played on Friday, February 14, 2014 at the South Division schools with the exception of the 2nd place teams IMS of the North Division vs. Van Buren of the South Division which will be played at Southeast Community College at 6:00 PM and the 1st place teams Pekin of the North Division vs. Danville of the South Division which will be played beginning 20 minutes after completion of the first game.
Following are the pairings for the Boys Basketball “Shootout” games to be played Friday, February 14, 2014
NORTH DIVISION @ SOUTH DIVISION
1. Pekin (16-2) SCC Danville (16-2)
2. IMS (15-3) SCC Van Buren (15-2)
3. Lone Tree (13-5) @ Burlington, Notre Dame (14-3)
4. Highland (12-6) @ Holy Trinity (10-7)
5. Winfield-MU (9-9) @ West Burlington (10-8)
6. L-M (7-10) @ Cardinal (7-10)
7. WACO (5-13) (6-14) @ Central Lee (7-11)
8. Wapello (5-13) (5-15) @ New London (5-12)
9. Columbus (4-14) @ Maharishi (3-15)
10. Mediapolis (3-15) @ Harmony (0-17)