Tuesday evening house fire

0
241

A house in Ottumwa was damaged following a fire  Tuesday evening.  The fire was reported at 122 Fellows.

Fire Department officials say when firemen arrived on the scene flames were seen coming from several windows.  Fire Chief Tony Miller says when firemen arrived on the scene there ws heavy smoke and fire coming from the house.

Miller says the fire started on the left side of the house and was contained to one room.  No one was home at the time of the fire.  There were no injuries.

This morning guests at the Super 8 motel got an early wake up call after the motel’s fire alarm system was activated.  When firemen arrived on the scene  smoke was reported on the second floor of the building.  Reports indicate a fire extinguisher may have been set off.  There was very little damage and ano injuries were reported.