February marks the one-year anniversary of the Ottumwa Community School District’s “Be The Best” campaign and the district’s superintendent wants to hear feedback from community members, parents, and stakeholders.
“I’m going to have a lot of public forums coming up to talk about our new vision of excellence that we have for our district. They’ll be in different buildings as well as career campus so I encourage people to come out and give us feedback on our vision of excellence.”
The forums will be held on:
- Monday, February 7, Liberty parents are invited to the school cafeteria at 5:30 p.m., 50 Traxler Drive
- Tuesday, February 8, the district’s School Improvement Advisory Committee will meet at 5 p.m., Career Campus, 331 E. Main
- Wednesday, February 9, Douma parents are invited to the school cafeteria at 5:30 p.m., 307 W. Mary Street
- Monday, February 21, OHS parents are invited to the OHS auditorium at 5:30 p.m., 501 E. Second Street
- Tuesday, February 22, Evans Middle School parents are invited to the library at 5:30 p.m., 812 Chester Ave
Guests are encouraged to discuss proposed improvements to the elementary schools on the north side, the opening of a new alternative learning center in August, making Ottumwa High School a building for 10th-12th graders, and more.