The city of Otttumwa is informing the public of changes in services to coincide with the holiday season.
With Christmas and New Year’s Day both falling on Friday this year, city customers who have regularly have their trash and recycling picked up on Friday will have their collection moved up to Thursday for the next two weeks (December 24th and 31st).
County customers’ trash and recycling pick up will be on Tuesday the 22nd the week of Christmas and Tuesday the 29th the following week. Bulk items normally picked-up on Thursday will be moved to Tuesday the 22nd and Tuesday the 29th both weeks.
The office closings for the Christmas holiday is as follows:
- City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Thursday, December 24 and Friday, December 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday.
- The Building and Code Enforcement Department will be open 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. the next two weeks.
- The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed on Thursday and Friday, December 24 and 25.
- The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed both Thursday and Friday, December 24 and 25.
- The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed on December 24, 25 and December 26.
- The Ottumwa/Wapello Landfill and the Recycling Center will closed on Christmas Day. The Ottumwa/Wapello Landfill will be open regular hours on Thursday, December 24 and Saturday, December 26th.
- The Recycling Center will continue to stay closed on Saturday December 26th.
- Ottumwa Water and Hydro offices will be closed Thursday, December 24 and Friday, December 25.