Hy-Vee will begin offering drive-up flu vaccines in August, and have enhanced their safety protocols amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
According to a press release, flu vaccines will be available without an appointment or prescription at many of Hy-Vee’s more than 270 locations. The vaccine will also be offered via drive-up option between August 17 and October 31. The CDC recommends that people 6 months and older get a flu vaccine each year. The drive-up vaccines will be offered in the parking lot of many Hy-Vee locations and will be available at the following times each week between August 17 and October 31:
- Monday: 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The press release states that Hy-Vee continues to follow CDC guidelines to enhance safety during the pandemic, including enhanced cleaning regimens, social distancing protocols and Plexiglas shields at registers and customer service counters. In order to ensure the safest administration of immunizations, Hy-Vee has also implemented the following measures:
- All pharmacy team members are required to wear face masks at all times, including while giving immunizations
- Any patient with COVID-19-like symptoms or who has had prolonged contact with a positive person should wait the appropriate amount of time prior to receiving their vaccine
- Patients receiving a vaccination are required to wear a face covering