The city of Ottumwa has announced its closings and changes in services, in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 27th.
* City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed.
* The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed.
*Ottumwa Transit Authority buses will not be operating.
* Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices will be closed.
* The Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed on Monday. Both facilities will be open regular hours, 7:00am to noon on Saturday the 25th.
* City residential trash collection routes normally collected Monday will be postponed until Tuesday, May 28th.
* South side yard waste and bulky item pick up day (normally Tuesdays) will be moved to Thursday, May 30th. North and South side yard waste and bulkys will both be on Thursday the week of the holiday only. If residents need bulk pick up for bulky item pick up the week of the Memorial Day, they need to call Bridge City Sanitation at 641-682-1700 before 3:00pm on Wednesday, May 29th for pick up on the 30th.
* The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed through the weekend and on Monday. A “visitors center/help desk” tent will be open Saturday, 8:00am to 4:00pm; Sunday, 10:00am to 2:00pm; and Monday, 10:00am to 2:00pm.
* The Beach Ottumwa will be open for the Memorial Day weekend – Saturday, Sunday and Memorial Day Monday, noon to 8:00pm each day, weather permitting. Park hours are subject to change due to weather. The outdoor water park will not open if the forecast high is below 70 degrees.