Applications are now being accepted for nonprofits seeking financial assistance.
According to Iowa Economic Development, Governor Reynolds has allocated federal CARES Act funds to assist nonprofits economically impacted by COVID-19. The Iowa Nonprofit Recovery fund will provide temporary relief for nonprofit organizations that have seen reduced revenue and increased expenses due to the pandemic.
Nonprofits must have the following criteria to qualify:
- Organizations with revenue over $25,000 in calendar year 2019
- Organizations must serve the state of Iowa and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation
- 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(19) nonprofit organization serving priority populations
- Less than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Applicants primarily serving priority service populations
Interested organizations can go here to apply: https://nonprofit.iowabusinessrecovery.com/#/